1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love natural fibers, wool, merino & alpaca are favs, I'm interested in working with bamboo. I also like silk & mohair. I'm not too fond of novelty, fluffy, rayon or synthetic yarns but I try not to rule anything out as it all depends on the project
favorite yarns: rowan, blue sky, brown sheep, debbie bliss, manos del uruguay, malabrigo, bouton d’or
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
a gorgeous clutch by offhand designs
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Hmmmm not sure how long, I have a bad memory for time. I'm always saying last week when it was really a few months ago. I just embarrassed myself with an across the street neighbor when I said "so how long ago did you move in, six months?" He answered "uh, two years." See how I am! Anyway, I think I started about four years ago and I'm an intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
yes, I do right here, with lots of knitting books and other stuffs for my little man.
5. What's your favorite scent?
ylang ylang and verbena
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
sure do. milk Chocolate, licorice, cookies
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I love Japanese crafts and patterns, embroidery, photography, art, design, illustration. no I don't spin but I love handspun yarns
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I can play MP3s and like happy house, reggae, disco, old 70s, & 80s stuff, I think I'm all over the map really, just not so much into country or screeching operatic sopranos. I like world music a lot.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love orange the deep orange reds and pumpkin shades, though I don't think it looks good next to my pale face so I rarely wear it. I like most colors, but tend to stay away from yellow and beiges.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm married (ten years last month), we have one son 2 years old named Max, and two black cats Madeline & Miro
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
yes, yes, yes, no
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
toys, scarves, sweaters, hats
13. What are you knitting right now?
robot, child's scarf and shawl collar sweater
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
circular metal (love magic loop technique) & bamboo/wood
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
no, I'd love either but they are quite pricey
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
two years, I'm on the cusp of frogging it
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving to celebrate the love of food and family, Easter for the pained eggs, bunnies and chocolates
19. Is there anything that you collect?
art & design books, letterpress cards
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Jo Sharp's Knit 1 book, I don't have any knit mag subscriptions
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
of course there's a lot I'd like to learn, but I'm too busy with life's matters to tackle anything really complicated. I like my knitting to be a little challenging but mostly relaxing
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
not yet, I've got big feet but I'm also tall so it's not too freaky
23. When is your birthday?
Technorati Tags: knitting, SP10