beastie progress report
I'm happy to report that I caught up on my knitting over the weekend and made some serious headway. The beastie now has a head, body and leg. The transition from body to leg was a little tricky. I bound off six stitches in the middle of each side, passed half to a stitch holder and then cast on three stitches while knitting in the round. That probably wasn't the best idea as I ended up with some funky holes at the bind off/cast on spot. I'm thinking next time I'll split the stitches then bind off the first and last of each leg. Hopefully the casting on will work better that way too. I only had one yarn over accident that I didn't notice (the one thing you really have to keep an eye on while using the magic loop technique). I was thinking of doing a three needle bind off (and another site with photos) for the bottom leg seam, but the instructions say the fabric has to be right sides together. I couldn't figure out how to do that while knitting magic loop style — so I skipped it and just sewed it up as per usual. Maybe I'll try to figure it out for the beastie version 2.0. Ready to go on leg two, stay tuned.